When I’m feeling unmotivated or slightly less chipper I love to watch Parks and Recreation’s Chris Traeger. I wish I could have a person like him follow me around all day. Or Leslie Knope:
- “Ron, Chris Traeger, feelings update. I’m now feeling your guests are getting a little antsy.”
- “No, no, no. I insist. These people live on Planet Nutbrain. I live on planet Nut Bran. Bran and nuts are very helpful for your colon.”
- “And then my herbalist took this weird bee pollen paste, rubbed it around my gums, and now my mouth feels like a spaceship.”
- “I have run 10 miles a day, every day, for 18 years. That’s 65 thousand miles. A third of the way to the moon. My goal is to run to the moon.”
- “If Tom were a bag of flour, that flour would never grow up to be a happy, well-adjusted loaf of bread. Much less a bran muffin, which is the highest honour flour can achieve.
- “I was born with a blood disorder and my parents were told I had three weeks to live. And here I still am. Some 2,000 odd weeks later and I have enjoyed every one of them.”
- Chris Traeger: April, could you come in here a second?
Chris Traeger: April, way to come in! Great initiative!
April Ludgate: You called me in.
- Ben: You need a ride back to the office?
Chris: No, no. I’m going to go for a light 15K. I missed yesterday.